Sending Christmas cards is a tradition that dates back to early 19th-century England. Due to social media, our busy schedules and other excuses, it’s slipping away.
Tip for today
Send a traditional Christmas card to your family and friends.
A traditional – handwritten card – send by snail mail, is sure to bring a smile:
- It shows you care. You took the effort and the time to think of the recipient and share some wishes.
- Handwriting gives a personal touch. In this digital world where we can send e-cards to a mass mailinglists, even only a couple of words is great.
- A Christmas card can be kept for years to come. Getting a photo card year after year, is like a mini photo timeline
- Finding a handwritten card between all the bills and publicity is exciting!
- It’s fun to display the cards. I remember when I was young, the cards hung around the living room till the end of January!