Hanging clothes outside used to be old school. Now I feel like line-drying clothes takes the job of doing laundry to the next level. Not only is it economical and resourceful, it has a lot of other benefits…
Tip for today
Whenever the weather allows for it, line dry your clothes outside.
10 other surprising benefits that will make you smile
- Using a clothesline saves on utilities. Appliances with a heating element are a sure energy suck.
- Hanging clothes gives you an excuse to get outside and enjoy some sunshine.
- In addition to time outside, my clothes hanging time is typically ‘alone time’. The silence is golden 😉
- The sunshine will naturally whiten your whites. The sun naturally bleaches out stains and keeps your clothes looking spiffier!
- Your clothes will last longer. All the friction in the dryer wears out clothes more quickly.
- Your clothes will have a natural fresh scent.
- Sometimes it’s faster to dry on a line than in the dryer.
- You can check to see if stains came out. Once your clothes are put in the dryer, stains will most likely be set-in permanently. Hanging clothes out on the line, gives you a chance to handle and check each item.
- You do not lose socks anymore. We all joke about the sock-eating dryer but every year I have a basket full of socks missing their partner..
- There is less risk for shrinking
- It keeps your house cooler. Not running your dryer in the summer time can keep your laundry room a couple of degrees cooler.